Best Drum Set Under 500- [2021 Guides & Reviews]
Are you looking to buy the best drum set for under $500?
Then you are in the right place.
The drum sets do not need to cost an arm before you research to buy the best ones.
Thankfully, in this post,
we have done a thorough job by researching the Amazon marketplace and presenting you with our editor's pick for you to make your decision.
We have also included a buyer's guide to give you the required legwork so that you don't waste your hard-earned money searching for the best drum set for $500. you can check here drum set under $1000.
We encourage you to stick with our buyer's guide for the best buying experience possible.
If you are a beginner and you need a drum set you can use to practice and improve your skills in the long; you will also find a perfect on the list of drums we have reviewed.
Sounds good, right?
Then we are ready to shoot!
Best Drum Set Under $500
The Pearl brand is one of the best brands when it comes to the production of drum sets in the world.
This 71 years old brand produces a wide range of percussion instruments, including electronic and traditional drum sets.
Whether you are seeking a professional level or beginner level drum set, you will get it from the Pearl brand.
The Pearl Snare Drum is one of the most rugged drums set in the company production line. It cost less than $500 to own this model.
This drum set comes with a 4-piece kit – a 13x13 floor tom, a 13x5.5 snare, a 10x6 tom, as well as, a 16x14 bass drum. It also comes with mounting hardware for the floor tom, the three legs, and the tom.
One advantage of buying the Pearl Snare Drum is that it is a complete drum set. You don't need to spend extra money buying drum accessories.
Plus, you will get a hi-hat, snare stands, as well as, a double-braced cymbal with the package.
The Pearl Snare Drum is manufactured using the finest of materials. It is suitable for professionals and beginners.
You won't go wrong with this model if you want to enhance your playing skills.
Pros for Pearl Snare Drum
- This drum set is manufactured by a reputable brand.
- You will get a lifetime warranty once you make a payment
- It offers great value for the money.
- It comes with extra accessories to improve your playing experience
- It is perfect for a beginner that is interested in drumming.
Cons for Pearl Snare Drum
- It doesn't come with hi-hat and cymbal stands
- A kick pedal is not included in the pack.
The Alesis brand was established in 1984 with a mission to produce high-quality drum sets and other percussion instruments.
This brand is reputed for manufacturing high-grade equipment like digital audio interfaces, recorders, mixers, drum machines, and much more.
Some years ago, the company added an electronic drum set to their production line.
The Alesis Nitro Eight Piece All-Mesh Electronic Drum Kit gives excellent control over what sound you can play. This is because it comes with an 8-inch dual zoned snare.
It also has three 10-inch cymbals and three single-zoned toms. This model is equipped with a hi-hat pedal and a kick-pad tower with a pedal. What's more?
It comes with an audio processor known as "In-demand sound." The Alesis Nitro Eight Piece All-Mesh Electronic Drum Kit can give more than 350 sounds.
Pros for Alesis Nitro Eight Piece All-Mesh Electronic Drum Kit
- This model doesn't disturb anybody, even when you are practicing at night.
- Its processor has lots of tricks.
- It is equipped with extras like toms, snare, mounts, cymbals, and kick pads and pedals.
- It has incredible control
- You will find a training feature with the package.
- Very well positioned.
Cons for Alesis Nitro Eight Piece All-Mesh Electronic Drum Kit
- It doesn't have a drum throne.
- May not be suitable for a live performance.
- Next generation mesh Performance: All-mesh drum heads deliver the most realistic, responsive and immersive playing experience modern drummers demand
- Premium 8-piece configuration: 8" Dual-zone snare pad, (3) 8" Tom pads and (3) 10” cymbals: Ride cymbal, hi-hat, crash with choke
- In-demand sound: Nitro drum module with 40 ready-to-play classic and modern kits, 60 play-along tracks and 350 plus expertly curated sounds
- Powerful educational features: 60 built-in play-along tracks, sequencer, metronome, aux input and performance recorder help to hone and develop your drum skills
- Everything you need: 4-post aluminum rack, connection cables, drum sticks, drum key and power supply included
The next drum set to consider for under $500 is the Roland Entry-level TD-1K Electronic set.
This brand has been in existence for the past 50 years producing quality drums for professional drummers.
The company is known for producing high-quality percussion instruments like guitars, pianos, synthesizers, keyboards, and basses.
Since electronic drums are now in vague, the company also decided to manufacture electronic drums, and the Roland Entry-level TD-1K Electronic set is one of the best in their production line.
This model comes with three toms, three cymbals, two pedals (one for the hi-hat and the other for the kick drum), and one snare.
It also comes with mounting hardware and 3 pairs of drumsticks.
Pros for Roland Entry-level TD-1K Electronic set
- It has an adjustable pad.
- It comes with a built-in metronome
- You can connect this drum to your PC for software updates.
- It is rugged and can withstand playing pressure.
- It is suitable for both beginners and professionals.
Cons for Roland Entry-level TD-1K Electronic set
- The kick pedal doesn't give a better feel and feedback.
- It has a limited sound bank
- It doesn't come with a drum throne.
- Acclaimed V-Drums sound and performance in an entry-level set
- Enjoy drumming in any musical style with 15 expressive drum kits
- Space-saving, ergonomic design and stylish looks to suit any room in your home
- Sturdy drum rack with quick and easy height adjustment for every drummer, from kids to adults
- Intuitive user interface for easy operation
The Ludwig 5-Piece Junior drum set is perfect for a child and for those who are on a budget. With around $300, this model can be yours.
It comes with five drums, a crash cymbal, a hi-hat, and cymbal hardware. It also has a bass drum pedal to elevate your playing experience.
Additionally, there are a 162 inches snare drum, 16-inch bass drum, and three toms.
One advantage of buying the Ludwig 5-Piece Junior drum set is that it is a complete drum set. You don't need to spend extra money buying drum accessories.
Plus, you will get a hi-hat, snare stands, as well as, a double-braced cymbal with the package.
In fact, your kids will enjoy this drum set if they look to pursue a drumming career later in life.
Pros for Ludwig 5-Piece Junior drum set
- This model is perfect for children and those less than 13 years old.
- It is available in different colors.
- It comes with drum accessories.
- Great sound for the price.
Cons for Ludwig 5-Piece Junior drum set
- It takes not less than 2 hours to set it up.
- 22"x16" Bass Drum, 10"x8" & 12"x9" Toms & 16"x16" Floor Toms and 6.5"x14" Snare Drum
- Dourable, Wrapped Finish, Classic Micro-Lugs & Telescoping Bass Drum Spurs
- Complete with cymbals: 13" Hi-Hats & 16" Crash and drum throne
- Includes: 200 Series double-braced cymbal stand & hi-hat stand and 201 Series double-braced snare stand, plus Improved chain-drive kick pedal
Are you looking for a cheap drum set that you can use to practice and improve your drumming skills?
Then give serious attention to the Gammon 5-Piece Full Size. This drum set is designed with beginners in mind. It comes with hardware, drums, cymbals, a stool, and a pair of drumsticks.
It also comes with three toms – 12-inch, 13-inch, and 16-inch in diameter.
Included in the package is a bass drum pedal that would help you connect to the base of the drum.
You will also get a hi-hat stand to hold the hi-hat cymbal in place for an improved playing experience.
Pros for Gammon 5-Piece Full Size
- This model is very affordable
- Suitable for beginners
- Comes with extra accessories.
- Great value for the money
- It also has training features.
Cons for Gammon 5-Piece Full Size
- The cymbals are light and quite small.
- Included Drums: 22"x14" Bass, 5 1/2" x 14" Snare, 16"x16" Floor Tom, 12"x10" and 13"x10 Mounted Toms with Adjustable Tilt Memory Locks
- Included Cymbals: 2-12" Hi-Hat, 1-14" Crash/Ride Cymbal
- Included Stands: Double Braced Snare Stand, Crash/Ride Stand, Chain Driven Hi-Hat stand
- Chain driven bass drum pedal
- Included Accessories: Drummer's Throne/Stool, Pair of Drum Sticks and Drummer's Key
The Mendini by Cecilio 16 inch 3-Piece Kids/Junior Drum Set comes with adjustable throne, metallic blue, cymbal, pedal & drumsticks, and MJDS-3-BL.
This drum set is suitable for kids and juniors. It comes with hardware, drums, cymbals, a stool, and a pair of drumsticks.
Also included are a bass drum pedal that would help you connect to the base of the drum. Plus,
it comes with extra accessories for great playing experience.
Pros for Mendini by Cecilio
- Great value for the money
- It has training features.
- Very affordable model
- Suitable for kids and juniors.
Cons for Mendini by Cecilio
- The cymbals and stool are fragile.
- Drumset For Kids: These are ideal drum set for kids age 6-10, but are great for all ages. Smaller sized genuine hardwood shells and triple flanged hoops make this the perfect first set for a younger player. It includes everything needed to get started.
- High Quality And Great Sound: This drum set for kids not only looks shiny, vibrant and glittery, but it is also durably made for regular playing. They are strong to sustain continuous play while producing a great sound.
- Kid Drum Set Includes: It comes with complete drum sets & set components. 1 bass drum (11”x16”, 4 lugs, bass drum foot pedal), 1 mounted tom drum (6”x10”, 4 lugs), 1 mounted snare drum (5”x10”, 4 lugs) and 1 cymbal (9.5” with cymbal arm).
- Music Accessories: In addition to the kids musical instruments, the kids drum sets come with a pair of wooden drumsticks so the playing can start right after setup. It also includes a round padded drum throne with adjustable height.
- Easy To Assemble: To avoid any damage to the well-crafted music instruments for kids during shipping, the drum kit comes unassembled, but the assembly is very simple. Easy-to-follow instructions are included. The set takes up very little space.
Buyer's Guide - Best Drum Set For Under $500
If you take a look at the Amazon marketplace, you are likely to see a list of the best drum sets that are less than $500.
However, except you are a professional drummer that has been playing drums for years, you won't know the right drum set for you.
And that is why we have created this buyer's guide to help you make an informed decision so that you won't waste your hard-earned money.
Find below some of the things to look out for when looking to buy the best under 500 drum sets:
#1. What Does The Set Include?
Before you place an order to purchase a drum set, it is your exclusive responsibility to find out the different parts of a typical drum set.
A typical drum set comes with some hardware and accessories like cymbals, shells, cymbal stands, bass drum pedal, as well as a throne. If you are a beginner,
we advise you to buy a complete drum set so that you can be up to speed with professionals.
#2. Drummer Age And Skill Level
The next factor to consider is the age and experience of the drummer, in this instance, you! There are some drums designed for kids, young adults, and full-grown adults.
When you hit the market, look for the drums that fit your age group. You don't want a situation where you part with your money and the merchant ships a wrong drum set.
What would that mean? It means the drums would either be too big or small for you.
#3.Type of drum set
You should also look at the type of drum set before making payment. Whether you fancy a traditional drum set or an electronic drum set, you should make your intention known so that you won't buy what you don't like.
If you opt for an electronic drum set, there are lots of benefits that come with it. For instance, you would enjoy several drum sounds, multiple percussion sounds, and different melodies.
On the other hand, if you also choose to buy a traditional drum set, be prepared to face your neighbors, as the noise from the drums would be disturbing them.
#4. What material is the drum made from?
The next thing to look at is the materials used to manufacture the drums. Most drums on the market are made with a wide range of materials, including Maple, Birch, Falkata, Oak, Lauan, Basswood, Poplar, and Mahogany.
While Mahogany gives lower tones, Poplar drums give bright sounds. Similarly, drums made from Basswood are perfect for balance and warmth, while Oak comes with powerful audio.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best drum set for the money?
The best drum set for the money is the drums we have reviewed in this article.
They are the Pearl Snare Drum, Alesis Nitro Eight-Piece All-Mesh Electronic Drum Kit, Roland Entry-level TD-1K Electronic Drum Set, Ludwig 5-Piece Junior, and Gammon 5-Piece Full-Size.
The good news is that they are all less than $500. You can order them on Amazon, and you will receive your order as soon as possible.
Which brand of drums is best?
There are several drum manufacturing companies on the market. Most of these brands claim to be the best when,
in reality, they are not. For the best brands to look at, here are our suggestions in no particular order:
● British Drum Company
● Pearl Drums
● Ludwig Drums
● Sonor Drums
● Mapex Drums
● Gretsch drums
● Tama Drums
● Shell Pack In Earth Sunburst
● Yamaha Drums
● Custom Hybrid Oak 4 Piece Fusion.
How much does a decent drum set cost?
A decent drum set does not necessarily need to cost an arm. If you visit the Amazon marketplace, you will get a decent drum set for less than $500.
Factors that determine the price of a drum set include the quality of shells, custom builds, hardware inclusion, and whether or not they are handmade.
For drums that offer value for money, you can go with the drums that we have reviewed in this post. see more details here.
What should I look for when buying a drum set?
There are some things you need to keep in mind when you hit the market to buy a drum set.
You should keep in mind that a drum set comes with shells, cymbals, cymbal stands, a bass drum pedal, as well as a throne. Without the throne, a drum can never be fully functional.
Even as a drummer, you will find it difficult to play the drums. Additionally, if you are buying the drums online, you should consider the price and quality of the drum set, as well as, the merchant you are buying from.
Ok, that's it. You can see that with as little as $500; you can buy a quality drum that would stand the taste of time.
The drums we have reviewed in this article are made from quality materials. They are intended to serve you for as long as you wish.
Regardless of your playing experience, you can use these drum sets to upgrade your playing skills.
Find below our editor's pick for the drum set under $500:
● Pearl Snare Drum, Black Cherry Glitter: This model is great for beginners who want to upgrade their drum playing skills. Experienced players can also use this model to perfect their skills.
● Alesis Nitro Eight Piece All-Mesh Electronic Drum Kit: This is one of the best drum set for less than $500. It is sturdy, tough, and can withstand pressure.
● Roland Entry-level TD-1K Electronic Drum Set: This is for entry-level drummers. If you are just starting out as a professional drummer, you will find this model very useful.
● Ludwig 5-Piece Junior: The Ludwig drum set is like a household name in the US and the rest of the world. This model offers great value for money.
● Gammon 5-Piece Full-Size: If you have kids that desire a career in drumming, this model is perfect for such kids.
From our editor's pick, you can see that with as low as $500; you can get a drum that will improve your experiences.
Lastly, what do you think about purchasing a drum set for $500? Do you think it's worth the try or a waste of time? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.