Buying Cheap Drum Sets: What You Need to Know? Updated for 2019
Starting Cheaply: Inexpensive Drum Sets for the Beginner
Drum sets are no small investment. Even the smallest and most humble set can be quite costly. Often this can be a problem for people interested in playing the instrument.
Not everyone has a few hundred, or even a few thousand dollars to spare for something like this. The good news is that there are ways to score cheap drum sets. It is simply a matter of knowing where to look and what to look for.
Cheap Drum Sets Comparison
Where to Start
There are some places that provide people with a good place to buy cheap electronic drum sets. In fact, even local stores and malls may have special offers at certain times.
It always pays to keep an eye out for seasonal sales and change of stocks. These often cause stores to make large price cuts and offer big discounts to buyers. Aside from this, it may also be ideal to visit a music depot or supplier. By going directly to the source, it is possible to get a lower price not just on drum sets, but on other musical instruments as well.
Since such places supply other stores with their inventory, they are likely to offer these things at a lower price. However, these may be difficult to find or out of the way as many factory outlets are not always in the most convenient locations.
Those who enjoy shopping online can also find many good deals on Amazon. The online retail giant is known for offering good deals to consumers.
Amazon has many different items on the stock which give buyers plenty of choices. There may also be several sellers for a single type of drum set, so this provides options regarding price.
More than this, Amazon also offers price cuts on some of their stocks. Sellers may opt to reduce prices and provide discounts if they are trying to clear their stocks.
It is not uncommon to see a drum set at a much lower price, especially if it is the last piece available. Discounts can go from 20 to 60 percent on certain sets.
It I always best to shop around the site and compare prices from sellers to get the best deal. If you have a specific model you want, simply search for it, and the results will show the number of offers there is for it.
Amazon also has the offer for used and cheap drum sets. These can be used just a few times or even be refurbished. Sellers usually list down the condition of the items that they sell to give buyers a better idea. here some Reddit discussion gets an idea.
Things To Consider Before Buying Cheap Drum Sets
Many times the problem with cheap drum sets and other items that sell for a low price is quality. To avoid getting a drum set that is of poor quality or condition be sure to keep the following things in mind.
- Buy from authorized sellers: The methods above make it possible to buy drum sets at a lower price. However whenever visiting sales or discount stores, always make sure that they are an authorized seller of the instrument. This will help you avoid getting any fake or low-quality items that may not be worth what was paid for it, even if it was cheap.
- Too Good to Be True Deals: When shopping online, it may be possible to come across deals that seem the give very large discounts that are too good to be true. While it is tempting to take a bit of the bait, be wary. This is especially true if you find the deal on online listings or classified advertisements, or you are buying a second hand or refurbished drum set. Unless you’ve seen the drum set you and assessed it, do not rely on the information given. Take the time to ask questions about the item and ask for extra photos if needed.
- Do Your Homework: More often than not, getting the best price for an item, whether used or new will depend a lot on the information that the buyer has. It always pays to take the time to do some research. Find out what the suggested retail price is for the drum set you want and what the kit includes. This will make it easier to compare prices to see what the best deal is.
Cheap Drum Sets Reviews
This is a drum set that’s designed for younger users. As a result, this is a product that can take the kind of a beating a young child can dish out. It’s very sturdily designed and comes in five unique colors that range from metallic blue to purple.
- Recommended age group: 3 to 6 years old
- 8" x 13" Bass drum with 4 lugs with bass drum pedal
- 6"x 8" Mounted tom with 4 lugs and 4"x 10 " Mounted snare with 4 lugs
- 8" Cymbal with cymbal arm
- Includes: a pair of wood drum sticks, padded drum throne, and easy to read set up instructions (assembly is required)
The throne is very padded, and the set comes with a snare, a cymbal, a bass drum, and a mounted tom. You won’t have to purchase drumsticks immediately because Mendini included a pair with the set. You may check out a full review for 5 pieces Mendini.
If you want a little style, this is a great place to start. Not only does it come in a beautiful red, but there are five more colors to select. The product comes with a snare drum, bass drum, cymbal on a bass-mounted holder, and a tom that hangs.
- Recommended Age Group: Child, Kids 2.5 ft to 5 ft tall
- 16" x 11" Bass Drum, 10" x 6" Hanging Tom
- 10" x 5" Snare drum with stand
- 9.5" Cymbal with bass mounted holder
- Includes: Round padded height adjustable drum throne, Bass drum pedal, A pair of wooden drum sticks, Easy to read set up instructions (Assembly is required)
The throne is fully adjustable, so young players of most ages can use the set. In addition to this, the product is very durable, which is useful when you’re just learning how to drum.
Ideally, this is a product that can work for anyone, but its smallish design might work best for anyone six to 13.
For those that want a full-sized cheap drum set, this product, which comes from Lagrima, is a great option. It’s made of real wood, and all of the drum hardware is well constructed and resonant.
- MATERIAL-Real Wood Shells,high gloss finish all drums,and the drum skin adopts double-layer oil skin, good elasticity and longer use time
- EXCELLENT WORKMANSHIP-The bottom of the drum has a ringing chord, and when the drums are played, the chord and the drum surface resonate, causing the music to sound.
- BASS AND TOM DRUM BRACKET-Adjust the angles for playing drums.The screws can be adjusted, drums can be well protected ,enhancing the resonance effect. The music is more contagious played through the drums
- INCLUDED-bass drum,Tom Drums, snare Drum,snare Stand,Hi hat Stand & Cymbals,mounted Cymbal,drum Stool,bass drum pedal,drum Key and drum Sticks
- PRODUCT SIZE-22" x 16" bass drum,12" x 10" and 13" x 11" tom drums, 14" x 5.5" snare drum,16" x 16" floor tom
This is also a very adjustable drum set, which will let you select your most comfortable drumming angles and heights.
Despite the low price, this is a set that has excellent workmanship. The set includes a bass drum, tom drums, a mounted cymbal, hi-hat stand cymbals, and a drum stool with a bass drum pedal.
It only comes in a single color: an attractive and reflective black.
If you’re looking to get into a jazz or blues band, the resonant tones from this set are great. It includes all of the standard hardware, which includes a snare, bass drum, a hi-hat cymbal, two toms, and a throne.
- Drum sizes: 16" x 20" Bass Drum, 8" x 10" Tom, 9" x 12" Tom, 14" x 14" Floor Tom, 5.5" x 14" Snare Drum
- Hardware includes: Snare Stand, Cymbal Boom Stand, Hi-hat Stand, Single Chain Drive Bass Drum Pedal, Two Tom Arms, Throne
- Cymbals include: 14" Hi-hats, 16" Crash
- Accessories include: Drumsticks, Drum Tuning Key
- Available in three colors: Wine Red (WR), Metallic Dark Blue (DB), and Black (BK).
Additionally, you’ll have a choice of four fairly unique-looking colors. Each of the components of the instrument is positioned on metal stands that are adjustable and sturdy.
The set also comes with multiple drumsticks and tuning keys. Overall, this is a great kit to start with.
This kit is designed to replicate the set of one of drumming’s most famous players. The Questlove pocket kit is designed to be great for beginners and also serve as a set that experienced drummers can play when they have little space.
- - Bass drum: 16"
- - Tom: 10"
- - Floor Tom: 13"
- - Snare Drum: 12"
- - Foot pedal
The set comes with a bass drum, a tom, a hi-hat cymbal, a standard cymbal, and a snare. There’s also a foot pedal, but you’ll have to purchase your own throne. It also comes in three different colors so that you can let your style shine through.
Some More Good and affordable Cheap Drum Sets
A trusted brand when it comes to cheap drum sets, this is used by starters and professionals alike. This specific set has the bass drum, tom-toms, and snares with nine ply Poplar shell for more power. With only a few items left in stock.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Spotlight's bass drum, tom toms, and snare feature a 9-ply Poplar shell for optimum tonal power.
- Hardware Included
- Cymbals Included
- Matching Snare
Another leader in cheap drum sets, Tama has become go-to of many drummers. Known for its quality and price, this drum set has quite a lot to offer.
The kit comes with configuration bass drums, three toms, two floor toms, and a snare. Multi-ply shells with 45 reinforcement ring make this durable.
The custom maple shells add a classic touch.
- 7-piece Maple Shell Pack with 8/10/12" Toms
- 14" Snare Drum - Cherry Wine Lacquer
- 14/16" Floor Toms
- Shell pack only. Cymbals and hardware not included.
Known for their custom drum making, DW has made a mark in the drum industry. Their cheap drum sets carry a distinct DW design such as with this set.
- 5-piece Shell Pack with 10" and 12" Rack Toms
- 22" Kick - Clear Acrylic
- 14" Snare Drum
- Shell pack and snare only. Hardware and cymbals not included
The five-piece set includes the standard bass, toms, and snare pieces. check manufacture site more details.
The Benefit of Cheap Drum Sets
When you want to learn the drums, you don’t always have to spend a lot of dough. In fact, there are a ton of budget-friendly options out there for adults and children that want to learn.
There are a lot of benefits to purchasing a set like this. First, you can usually punish these drums extensively, and they’ll last through years of use. If you do manage to damage these drums, they are also easily replaced.
Secondly, these aren’t overly complex, which means that you can quickly learn the basics on these drum sets. You can learn the snare, the cymbals, and the ride with relative ease on a set you didn’t pay top-dollar for.
Cheap Drum Sets Q&A
1) Do these sets usually come with sticks?
In most cases, you can purchase these, and you’ll receive multiple sticks in the package.
2) Do these come in multiple colors?
Many of these have a design for different types of users, so many come in multiple color options.
3) Will these fold up?
When you’re ready to stop playing for a bit, you can fold up the drum set and store it.