Choosing Drum Sets for Sale 2021
Buying a drum set is no joke. There are many different types and brands available in the market, but not all of these are made equally. Like all other products in the market, there is a good drum set, average drums, and even poor ones.
To make sure that you get the best among all the drum sets for sale, it is important to know what you need and what you are looking for.
Drum Set Parts
Since drums are made up of separate units, it can be difficult to know what you need without first understanding each part of the set. By knowing what the exact parts are it will be easier to determine what is needed. The basic types of drums and percussion instruments are:
- Bass Drum– The largest of all the pieces, this stands on the floor and is played with the use of a foot pedal.
- Toms– Drums of different sizes which are usually mounted to the bass drum or on a rack. Toms which stand on their own are known as floor toms
- Snare– A metal or wood shell drum that has a distinct sharp and cutting sound.
- Cymbals– Thin round plates made from metal. Types of cymbals include crash cymbals, hi-hats and ride cymbals.
Aside from these, drums are matched with hardware. These are the items which help put together a drum set. Items such as stands for cymbals, snares, and even the bass drum pedal are all hardware.
- This three-piece kids drum set is a complete scaled-down, fully functional drum kit featuring everything you would expect of an adult drum kit but for kids aged from 3 to 8 years of age
- Far more than a toy, this is not a plastic toddler drum set, it is a real instrument. This drum set for kids constructed from wood, metal, and tuneable skins, everything you would expect to see on an adult drum kit
- This mini drum set features a 14-inch bass drum, this drum is operated by the bass pedal included within this kids drums package and has lugs to ensure this beginner drum set remains upright and stable
- To complement this kids drum kit, this package includes a padded drum throne, which can be adjusted to accommodate different playing styles and ensures kids can play comfortably for hours
- Ensuring you have everything you need to start playing in one complete package, this drum kit for children comes with drumsticks
- 🥁 【LAGRIMA 5 Piece Full Size Drum Set】 The bass drum adopts a 6-lug structure, and the snare drum is equipped with a matte leather design to enhance the tone. Three-layer electroplating process, no rust and more wear-resistant.
- 🥁 【Thick Drum Cavity Design】 Preferred 4 layers of poplar wood + 6 layers of maple wood, the sound can be more energetic. The smaller the amplitude, the stronger the radiation. BASS drums need strong bass, and strengthen the drum cavity design to make the overtones diffuse slowly and enhance the tone.
- 🥁 【Telescopic Integrated Kick Drum Leg】 Fully adjustable, telescopic to adjust the height, and the surface is electroplated. The head is designed with cleats, the cleats are adjustable and retractable, and the kick drum is more stable.
- 🥁 【The New Upgrade of Adult Drum Set】 Double-layer oil drum skin, high hardness and toughness, enhance the impact of grain. The integral pressing ring molding process, the BASS drum pressing ring adopts wooden pressing ring, and the integral forming of the pressing ring ensures the consistency and the stability of adjustment.
- 🥁 【INCLUDED】 22 "x 16" Bass drum x 1, 12 "x 9" Mounted tom x 1, 10 "x 8" Mounted tom x 1, 14 "x 5.5" Mounted snare (With Stand) x 1, 16inch x 16inch floor drum x 1, 14inch Hi-Hat Cymbal (With Stand) x 1, 16inch Straight Cymbal (with stand) x 1,7A wooden drum sticks x 2. Bass Pedal x1,Round padded adjustable drum throne x 1,Attached installation video link.
- IDEAL KIDS DRUM SET - Eastar EDS-350 smaller all-in-one complete drum set, one of the perfect beginner drum set that allows youngsters to practice on since the best suitable current kid-size. The drum shells are made of cross-grained poplar for strength, even vibration, and loud sound.
- SUPERIOR DRUM SKIN PERFORMANCE - Selected drum head to have different thicknesses of percussion and resonance surfaces for excellent sound. This juvenile drum kits have a 6-ear structure that allows for greater skin tension and better skin vibration than similar products (Do not insert the drum skins with the tips of the sticks). Due to transportation reasons, wrinkles when the drum skin is received are normal, and the wrinkles will be disappeared after installation.
- JOIN CREATIVE PRACTICE WITH KIDS - This drum set for kids comes with a pair of adult drum sticks and children's drum sticks. Parents or teachers can accompany beginning musicians to begin to learn their craft.
- HIGH QUALITY HARDWARE - The junior drum set is made of high quality black rims with plated stands. The bench has a double-plate construction with a maximum weight capacity of 220lb (100kg).and the snare sand strap can be adjusted to loosen or tighten to change the tone of the snare.
- RELIABLE BRAND - Being a professional musical instruments supplier for over 10 years, we offer easy assembly set up instructions & a 1-Month Product Warranty for Eastar drum set. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will be more than happy to help.
- Kids learning toy has three drum pads and cymbal each with its own unique sound for sensory development
- Toddlers can play along to 9 melodies in styles including rock, dance and pop; music toy teaches letters, numbers, and music
- Kids drum set has 4 modes of play: free play, letters, numbers, and follow-along; each drum features a unique LED light
- Educational kids toy includes two drumsticks; allow your child to feel like a real Drummer
- Kids drums are intended for toddlers aged 2 to 5 years old; 3 AA batteries are included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
- Great Kids Drum Sets: These are great starter drums for kids to learn on. Smaller sized genuine hardwood shells and triple flanged hoops make this the perfect first set for a younger player. It includes everything needed to get off to a great start.
- High Quality, Great Sound: The drum kit for kids not only looks shiny, vibrantly colored and glittery, but the kids drums are durably made. They are strong to sustain continuous play while producing a great sound.
- Drum Set Includes: The kid drum set comes with 1 bass drum (8”x13”, 4 lugs, bass drum foot pedal), 1 mounted tom drum (6”x8”, 4 lugs), 1 mounted snare drum (4”x10”, 4 lugs) and 1 cymbal (8” with cymbal arm).
- Music Accessories: In addition to the kids musical instruments, the drum kit comes with a pair of wooden kids drumsticks so the playing can start right after setup. It also includes a round padded drum throne with adjustable height.
- Easy To Assemble: To avoid damage to the well-crafted music instruments for kids during shipping, the drum sets & set components come unassembled. Easy-to-follow instructions are included. The set takes up very little space.
The most basic drum set for beginners will contain four basic pieces. These are a bass drum, snare drum, mounted tom and floor tom. Sets may or may not contain cymbals.
In cases where these are not the art of the set, it becomes an add-on at an additional cost. These four basic drums are often enough for beginners. More drums can be added as skills improve, and techniques are learned.
As mentioned, not all drum sets are the same. In fact, some do not even contain the same number of drums or percussion instruments.
This is because there are various configurations for drum sets according to the size used. The size of the diameter of a drum helps determine its configuration.
There is the Standard Configuration contains 12″ and 13″ mounted toms, 22″ bass drum, and a 16″ floor tom. These are bigger sizes which produce larger tons and louder sounds.
On the other hand, there is the Fusion Configuration which usually uses a 22″ bass drum, 10″ and 12″ mounted toms and a 14″ floor tom that may be suspended or standing. The smaller drums allow for more articulate sounds which are forceful. The type of music to be played can help determine the type of configuration that should be chosen.
The Ludwig Accent Drum set with hardware and cymbals is a fusion configured drum set.
The set comes with: 6″x20″ Bass Drum, 5″x 14″ Snare Drum, 8″x 10″ Mounted Tom Tom, 8″x 12″ Mounted TomTom and a 14″ x 14″ Floor Tom.
It also includes a 13” hi-hat and 16” crash cymbals. It also comes with all the hardware needed for setting up and playing. These are the single bass pedal, cymbal stand, snare stand, hi-hat, and throne.
A complete basic set it is ideal for beginners just starting how to learn to play the drums.
Material and Construction of Drum Sets for Sale
Other than what is included in the set and its configuration, it is also important to consider the material used for these and how they are made.
Wood is a basic component of drum shells, but there are different woods which can be used. The type of wood which is used for production will help determine the sounds made.
- Maple is the most common wood used. It produces a warm and balanced tone.
- Falkata is a common substitute for Maple because it is cheaper but produces the same sound.
- Oak is another wood that produces a similar sound to Maple. However, it is more porous and can make the sound more powerful and clear.
- Birch is a hardwood that can make bright, clear and loud tones ideal for recording. It also has better highs and lows and a lessened midrange tone.
- Basswood is a popular substitute for Maple and Oak because it is abundant. It gives a nice finish to the shell.
- Mahogany is another hardwood that produces a warm vintage sound. It produces reduced highs while creating enhanced lows and midrange sounds.
- Poplar is a cheaper alternative to Birch and Mahogany but it produces a similar sound.
- Lauan knew as “select hardwood” is a cheaper version of Birch.
Aside from the type of wood used, the kind of construction used is also important. Plies refer to the number of layers of wood used. Generally speaking, more layers of wood will produce a brighter and higher sound. Fewer layers will give way to lower and warmer sounds.
Also, the angle of the cut of the drum shell’s bearing edge also affects the sound quality of a drum set. Rounded bearing edges give way to lower and more mellow tones. On the other hand, a bearing edge with a sharper angle produces tones that are brighter with more definition.
The Yamaha Gig Maker set uses a standard configuration. The set is composed of 22″x16″ Bass Drum, 16″x16″ Floor Tom, 13″x9.5″ Mounted Tom Tom, 12″x9″ Mounted TomTom and a 14″ x 5.5″ Snare Drum.
These come as a set with the following hardware: bass drum pedal and a set of Yamaha’s double-braced hardware. The set does not include cymbals, but these can be bought separately.
Shells are made from Basswood and Poplar and finished with glitter wrap. This is a good set that is not too expensive due to the wood used. It is a good choice when looking for mid-ranged priced drum sets for sale.